Hello! My first name is Melanie, and I want to thank you for taking time to read a few ‘rays’ about me. I lived most of my life in Florida spent a few years in New York. Since 2013, I have lived in London. To learn specifically about the blog, visit the About page.
ABOUT SUNNY- CURRENT
I’ll always be proud to say I’m from Florida, the Sunshine State. However, while studying Communications at Florida State University, I had the opportunity to live in London and intern for NBC News- London Bureau. I fell in love with London (and a camera man whom I married!) and eventually made it my permanent home.
‘Mr. Sunny’ is a lifelong North Londoner, a beer connoisseur and the “engineer” of our pub crawls.
ABOUT SUNNY- EXPERIENCE
Currently, I am a Marketing and Communications Manager for an independent school in London. Additionally, I provide social media consultation for companies and small businesses as well as work individually with brands as a freelance content writer. My qualifications include:
– Bachelor of Science degree in Communication from Florida State University
– 2 Master of Science degrees (English and Educational Leadership)
– Journalist with NBC News London Bureau
– VIP Tour, Guest Relations and Event Planner with Universal Studios Florida
– 7 years as an assistant principal (deputy headteacher) in New York (Included event planning, fundraising, negotiations, staff development, human resources, presentations, conflict resolution)
ABOUT SUNNY- CONNECT
If you’re looking for a smart, creative, witty and talented professional for freelance event planning, social media, or content writing, we should connect. I’d be happy to share my full LinkedIn profile with you. Please use the Contact Form below, and I will respond as quickly as possible.
This page was last updated January 2017